Monday, January 28, 2008

Congratulations Dubya

I was reading in the Gazette that Dubya has finally won something other than a dubious election. His quote, "I know that the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." has made it to this year's 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said calendar. The man must definitely have neurological problems, either that or he's the idiot brother of the family. It is a truly frightening thought that the person who uttered such inanities, is the man who has his finger on the nuclear button...
The quote can also be found in the poem "Make the Pie Higher" which is made up of Bush's bloopers and remarkably stupid utterances. The poem was collated from Bush's sayings by Washington Post writer Richard Thompson. For those of you who might be curious here is the poem in its entirety.

Make the Pie Higher

I think we all agree, the past is over.
This is still a dangerous world.
It's a world of manmen and uncertainty
And potential mental losses.
Rarely is the question asked
Is our children learning?
Will the highways of the Internet
Become more few?
How many hands have I shaked?
They misunderestimate me.
I am a pitbull on the pantleg
of opportunity.
I know that the human being
And the fish can coexist.
Families is where our nation finds hope,
Where our wings take dream.
Put food on your family!
Knock down the tollbooth!
Vulcanize society!
Make the pie higher!
I am the Decider!

** Thanks to Bill Brownstein of the Gazette for the idea.

6 comments:

Jazz said...

Thank god he's going. Though I'm sort of scared of what will replace him...

'Course nothing can be worse than Dubbya.

Go Barak!

Ian Lidster said...

Those are utterly hilarious -- and equally frightening. I agree with Jazz that nothing could be worse, but I am wary of what's to come.
I just noticed that both comments so far come from Canadians. Well, we can't vote in your elections, but we sure as hell are affected by the outcome.

Ian Lidster said...

I meant, of course, the US election, not 'your' election, since you are one of us.

geewits said...

It's bad enough that he's the president of my country, but he was also the governor of my state! I should put a countdown on my blog of the days left until he leaves office. There is also a great youtube compilation of his idjit speeches:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhwzTPu9XvQ

tomshideaway said...

Kurt Cobain said "It's Okay to eat Fish, they don't have any feelings" Of course he said he didn't have a gun....Love the poem..On David Lettermen they have a "Great Moments in Presidential Speeches Skit" that really highlights how stupid George is.. Monday he said something like this "he just got back from a Round Table, er..ah well a Square table, well ah It was a table" And he was smiling like a buffoon

Anonymous said...

I believe you mean finger on the Nukular button.