Saturday, September 15, 2007

Weird sights

Since I've had my rant for the month, let us go on to lighter things. Can you possibly tell me who in the world would buy a Walt Disney "Cinderella" toaster. Now I can understand a Cinderella lunch box, book bag, pencil case, sneakers, or something like that for kids but a toaster? Yes it's true. If you go to Zellers you will be able to buy your very own Cinderella toaster. I'm not joking, they actually sell Cinderella toaster's there. (No they are not selling them in the toy department, but in the kitchen appliances for adults.) Even stranger, if they are selling them that means that someone is actually buying them. If it's a trend, then why not Bugs Bunny toasters which would say "what's up doc?" to let you know the toast was done or a Snow White apple peeler?
On a street corner in Montreal I saw a really strange personage the other day. (In a town of strange people he was really strange) Imagine a guy, trying to look like a gangsta rapper. He was wearing low (really low, somewhere around mid-thigh) jeans. You could see his not too clean jockey boxers, and tucked into his jockey's was a rumpled undershirt tight over his pot belly. Now you must add big fake silver jewelry, small sunglasses crooked on his nose, a hairnet and a baseball cap set crooked. To top it all off, like a cherry on a sundae, he was wearing his mother's fur coat. Of course this guy must have been almost six feet tall and his mother was obviously about five feet. The overall effect had to be seen to be believed. There he was on the corner trying to look tough, flipping a "loony" (for those who don't know, a Canadian 1$ coin) and all around him people kind of looking away with an half concealed grin on their faces. Mind you he probably thought that he was the epitome of cool. All of this and to top it off, he was as white as wonder bread.

All day today, Blogger seems to have become bilingual. Certain directions and words are in German. Not everything, just certain things. Why German? Deity only knows, I use French and English on my computer so why German. As we say in French "mystère de boule de gomme" (loosely translated "bubble gum mystery " don't ask me why.)

8 comments:

Voyager said...

You have no idea who would buy the cinderella toaster. One day my husband came home with Barbie speakers for the computer. Pink, with Barbie designs. "They were a good price, and the sound was great" he said. I hope he never sees the cinderella toaster in the store.
V.

geewits said...

I could see the toaster appealing to a certain type of person. I would buy a Snoopy toaster and I don't even use a toaster.

I wonder why blogger was speaking German to you? Maybe for making fun of Cinderella?

Jazz said...

People are strange.

That's all.

choochoo said...

I recently went looking for toasters in the store, and they had two kinds that were exactly the same. One was white and one was red. The red one cost 30 bucks more.... Red is expensive. I just thought I'd share.

I'm strange that way:D

Tai said...

But I wanna know why you say "bubble gum mystery"! Really...I do!

I suspect the toaster toasts an imprint of Cinderella on the toast, doesn't it? I (sadly) know someone who had a Hello Kitty toaster and that's what it did.

Perhaps 'pimp diddy' should be forced to watch some Weird Al 'White and Nerdy'. Might help show him the error of his ways!
On the other hand, I doubt it would have any effect at all.
To little, to late.

Big Brother said...

Voyager: Ok that's one question answered.

geewits: it's like being stuck with Col. Klink as my blogger.

Jazz: and that coming from a girl who has a kettle that fries your hands when you use it.

Choochoo: cuz red paint costs more?

Tai: I have absolutely no idea where the expression comes from. I'll have to ask Jazz since she is the linguist in the family.

Ian Lidster said...

I think the little Martian in the WB cartoons would be ideal for a blender, say.
As for the German, it could be that little Nazi cabal from Paraguay that has infiltrated. Maybe worth a check.

Em said...

The toaster is seriously weird. Who wants a kitchen with a Disney toaster??