Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Late B'day

A week ago was my birthday and having been busy, busy, busy I didn't even think of squeezing out a blog. It was a quiet day and BBdaughter took me out to supper with her "significant other" (hereafter named BBbf = BB beau fils). We all went to a steak house called "Houston's" (I'm sure geewit that it's not in the same league as a steak house in Houston) The steak and wine were good and the company even better. They gave me a Fossil watch that has an animated Atari game as the watch face. Really nice, it brings back memories. The last time I had seen BBbf and BBdaughter I had admired his Fossil Matrix watch, so they found me one.
I bought myself a new car radio for my b'day, not that the old one had ceased functioning but I needed a radio where I could plug my iPod. I had one of those radio things, but the airwaves are so saturated here in Montreal that it is next to useless. So I finally bought a good radio and plugged in my iPod... BB music, all the time with no interruptions... yesss.
And last but not least, Mrs BB said that she would split the cost of a 70-300 mm zoom lens for my camera. The said lens having just arrived a couple of minutes ago by courier. I love taking pictures and the lens was something I had wanted for a while, so since we are going to Ireland this summer, I decided that now was the time to get it. (Income tax refunds are so much fun to spend)
So that was my B'day week in a nutshell. This b'day is a special, I was born in 1954 and this year I turned 54, so maybe it'll be a lucky year. ;o)

4 comments:

Ian Lidster said...

Happy Birthday to you. May you have at least 54 more.

Big Brother said...

Thank you kindly Ian. :o)

geewits said...

Happy Birthday! Although unlike your sister, who lives in a lantern-lit barn, (heh, heh,) I am somewhat modern, I don't know a thing about iPods. I hope in 7 years, when I am 54, I am as hip as you are!

Big Brother said...

Why thank you geewits. I am obviously the one who got t he techno genes in the family. Jazz never made it out of the 19th century much less the 20th...LOL but she is still a lovable lil sister.