Thursday, May 01, 2008

Anniversary

Today I have been married to Mrs. BB for 32 years. I've been with her for 33.5 but officially it is 32 years. Seems like only yesterday. I remember my jaw dropping as I watched her come up the aisle in her beautiful white dress. I couldn't believe that this vision of loveliness actually wanted to live with me forever. Well we haven't gotten to forever yet but we are working hard at it. Both of us have a few more wrinkles and a few more grey hairs (quite a few more if truth be told) but you know it doesn't make a bit of difference, for me she's still the vision of loveliness I saw in that church and that will never change. After so many years we have become the subtle blending of two souls into one, and my life has been the better for it. It hasn't always been easy, but then again when is life ever easy, but it has been fulfilling, and wonderful and I wouldn't change those 32 years for anything. So here's to wishing for forever, or as close as we can get to it, together.

8 comments:

geewits said...

Congratulations!! I don't think I'll live long enough to be married that long, but I think it would be nice.

Jazz said...

I couldn't believe that this vision of loveliness actually wanted to live with me forever

Hell Bro, I still can't believe it. Bwwwhahahahahahhaa

Seriously though. 32 years. Wow. In another decade or so, I'll have caught up with you. We really do longevity in this family don't we.

Em said...

That is awesome! Congratulations on such a long and wonderful marriage!!

Jo said...

Aw, that's beautiful. Mrs. BB is indeed a very lucky woman.

Congratulations to you both!

Ian Lidster said...

Congatulations on your 33. That's a good innings in this day and age. I've been married for 35 -- but not all to the same woman.

Tai said...

Congratulations to you both, such a sweet tribute.

Dr. Deb said...

Three plus decades. That is so wonderful.

Congratulations!

Hubby and I just celebrating our twentieth. Can't believe how fast time goes by.

Anonymous said...

Hey BB: you guys are certainly a good example and an inspiration for the missuz and I. We'll be at 21 this year, going on "forever". And I'm glad you've been a part of all those great years spent living & loving with your siss. Love abounds my dear friend. Maybe we're hogging it all and that's why there are so many divorces and splitups around us. Où knoze?

Salut et bravo!