Monday, April 28, 2008

Photos

I haven't had much time to blog these last few weeks, since things have been rather hectic. On top of it all I caught a "man's cold" from the kids at school. I don't get them them often but when I do, I hate colds... (see Josie's blog about them...). So I'll post a couple of pictures I took the other day. The West Island is the western most part of the island of Montréal but what many people don't realize is that a good part of it is still rural. There are even working farms. Even in the suburbs themselves there are still the remnants that we call the villages and that is what they are, the remnants of the original villages that were there before the encroachment of the city. I'll try to get more pictures to document each of them when I have the time.
So here are a couple of pictures taken in the more rural aspects of my corner of the island of Montréal. The truck and garage/barn are taken on Senneville road on the way to Ste-Anne de Bellevue and the sunsets on the shore of Lac des Deux Montagnes.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jazz said...

I love the barn and truck - and doing them in B/W and sepia adds to the charm.

Anonymous said...

Just catching up, which is why the comment is way down here. Beautiful photos. I especially like that old truck.

Lizzy Dizzy said...

WOW these pictures are amazing I love the sun set ones they are goregous. I love photography I have been taking pictures like crazy and on my blog I have some pics up I have to find time to put some more on the site. I'm in my senior year of high school and I have been busy with school. So I was just dropping by to say COOL pictures!!!