Friday, June 08, 2007

Ah Paris

Not Paris the city, but Paris the rich whinny blond brat. American justice just is not what it used to be. Paris Hilton, who was supposed to serve 23 days in prison for having ignored a judge's ruling about her driving her vehicle, was released yesterday. (She was banned from driving because of her DUI, but decided to drive anyhow since obviously that shouldn't apply to her.) Last weekend she reported to the slammer only to be released yesterday morning for medical reasons (she probably had a hissy fit and went all hysterical). The poor child will be confined to her million dollar mansion for 40 days instead, unless she does like the last time. She is quoted to have said, hours after leaving jail, "I have learned a great deal from this ordeal and hope that others have learned from my mistakes." What ordeal? Has she ever learned anything from her mistakes? This girl seems seriously disconnected from reality as we know it. Is it the peroxide?
Anyhow it now seems that the L.A. City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo has demanded a hearing before Judge Michael Sauer. They want to know why the Sheriff's Department permitted Paris to be released from jail when the judge had ordered her to serve her entire sentence. Maybe the poor little rich girl will have to finally serve her sentence. Hopefully justice will prevail, and she'll go back to the slammer with an additional time for contempt.
As for the icing on the cake, it seems that she might be paid 1 million $ for the story of her "ordeal"* and another million for her interview.
Is it me or is there something strange out there. Sometimes I wonder if we already are in... (insert music here)... Twilight Zone and we just don't know it.

*Beware, heavy sarcasm here!

*** LATE BREAKING NEWS... Judge Sauer has put her back in prison, so she can finish off her sentence. I'm amazed, I really am and I tip my hat to the judge who had the guts to finally stop her charade and make her do the time. My faith in the American justice system has gone up a notch. When she left the courtroom she was crying and yelled "It's not right." She then called for her mommy. My heart bleeds...it really does. hehehe.

4 comments:

Jazz said...

Are you really surprised she's out? Now you or me, we'd serve our time. But you can't be naive enough to believe that the justice system is not the same for rich skanks as it is for you and me?

"I have learned a great deal from this ordeal and hope that others have learned from my mistakes."

Who cares if others have learned from her mistakes. Has she learned something from her mistakes? I think not.

Stupid skank.

Ian Lidster said...

Yes, damn, the reconsideration of her premature release came after I'd written my blog. So, shall we make bets on whether she really does get returned to the clink? I bet 'not'.
Ian

Big Brother said...

Sorry I didn't have time to take the bet since as you can see by the addendum to the blog, she's back in the clink. I wonder what mommy and daddy will do now to get her out. Bravo to the judge for showing some backbone and not kowtowing to celebrity and money.

Hageltoast said...

i don't think a few weeks in the pokey will hurt her, or her career.