Thursday, April 12, 2007

It's April and it's still #@$%$ snowing!!!!

There is joke that goes around in Québec every year. It has to do with that favorite winter stuff...snow. I'll try and translate and abridge it a little for you.

November
"First snow flakes, wonderful, so pretty."
December
"Ah finally a nice snowfall, a white Christmas. Let's go out and shovel and then we can make a snowman"
January
"What it's snowing again? Grumble... Ok I'm going out to shovel. At least we can ski."
February
"Still snowing...will it ever stop. Too cold to ski, boy I'd like some warmth."
March
"Snow again...@#$%?"
April
"@#$#@$% F$%#$g WHITE SH*T #@$#%?!!!!! "

We are now almost half way through April and it is still snowing. We are getting days with 15-16 degree Spring weather and then just when you think that you'll soon be able to get out your bike (18 speed road bike with magnesium alloy frame, carbon fiber front fork) it starts snowing again. You can't go cross country skiing because there isn't enough of the white stuff and you can't go biking because there is too much... AHHHHHHHHHH!

This picture was taken from my front porch this afternoon when I came in from work... big fat marshmallow snowflakes were falling and sticking to everything. Quite beautiful but you're soon soaking wet since they are as much water as snow. ;o(

3 comments:

Ian Lidster said...

I shuddered just to look at your photo. How dreary. On the other hand, my tulips are starting to come out. OK, just a little West Coast dig. Actually, we had some flurries as recently as a week ago, which is very late for us. Global warming, pshaw.

Ian

Jazz said...

Bleah bleh bleah.

I heard spring and summer this year will be on july 17th from 10:00-12:00 for Spring and Noon to 2:47 for Summer.

God I hate it here.

But I'm off to DC for the weekend, might be cold, but at least I won't be drowning in slush!

Dr. Deb said...

So cold here on the East Coast of NA. Weird weather and all for April. Global warming is REAL.