Thursday, February 01, 2007

Tag you're it!

Weird is as weird does. I have been tagged by my lil' sister Jazz. Now don't get me wrong but my sister is the weird one in the family, me, I'm just your everyday normal teaching kind of guy. Oh I can see her staring at me right now with her eyebrows in the air, muttering to herself, Yeah right.

Ok here goes.

1. I have been a teacher for 30 years and I still love teaching. This could be considered weird since the age group that I have always loved teaching are the 13-14 year olds...Yeah that's right right in their adolescent hormonally charged weirdness.
2. I love Gregorian Plain Chant nothing better that driving up to Gatineau with 2 hours of Gregorian Chant echoing full blast in the car. I find it relaxing, a bit like driving in a cathedral.
3. I love to go trekking by myself across mountains, rain or shine, for a couple of days, as long as I am far away from the the bustle of humanity (at least 30km away). I get enough of humanity at school.
4. I love old stones... I teach ESL but if I hadn't been an ESL teacher I would have been a History teacher. I just love to crawl all over ruins, the older the better. Mrs BB and I spent two summers in the UK and Ireland. Paradise, so many ruins to visit.
5. I have no sense of musical rhythm (some people would say I have no sense period, but let's not go there). I couldn't play a musical instrument to save my life. My sisters are both able to play something, one used to play the piano the other a tenor recorder. My daughter can play the violin, my wife plays the classical guitar, and my son could play the recorder. What can I play? Absolutely nothing. One of my friends tried to show me how to play the bass guitar for a song. Not too hard he said, one or two chords and a bit of rhythm... hah he soon gave up. I could finger the chords but the rhythm resembled nothing even close to that of the song.
6. Last but not least, I am a trivia nut. If you could make a living from trivial pursuit I would be rich. I just love reading trivia, the Bathroom Reader series, News from the Weird, anything that contains esotheric, strange and little known facts, of little or no value. I just need to assimulate them. So here I am with thousands ot titbits of totally useless information filling my poor little memory. In the meantime I have trouble remembering my name on Mondays. "What's ma name, and where's my lunch box?"
As for tagging 6 people. Well I can't very well retag Jazz now can I? And I don't know anyone else so very well. So as Jazz said anyone who wants to try it go right ahead... consider yourself tagged.

1 comment:

Jazz said...

Well, if you have all these tons of useless information in your head, why don't you post it on your blog. I love trivia too, so if you can make it easy for me to get it, please, be good to your little sister and make her life easier... :-p