Sunday, May 16, 2010

A trekking we will go... we're back

We finally survived three days and 40 kilometres of trekking through the wilderness. We had a beautiful sunny day, a cloudy day and the last morning with drizzle, so it wasn't as bad as the weatherman had made out. It was a hard trek on a trail that wasn't always the best (a lot of dead-falls and a mud hole about every 50 metres it seemed) but the students were great and even in the hardest going they kept up their spirits. Hre are some of the photos I took during the trek.
Hiking down the trail








The lake where we slept
Our shelter for the night
The lake calm as a mirror

Reflections
Part of the trail
Some falls

6 comments:

geewits said...

Great pics! I really love the little cabin. I can't imagine doing something like that though, especially with students. Are you a masochist?

Voyager said...

Your photos make me want to put on my backpack and jump onto that trail.
V.

Jazz said...

What Geewits said! She obviously beat me to it. Love the pics.

Big Brother said...

geewits: Am I a masochist? Sometimes I wonder but since I love trekking and this is a chance to pass on some of that to students who rarely get a chance to really physically challenge themselves it really isn’t so bad.
Voyager: Ah a fellow backpacker, nothing quite like it. There are some really nice trails here is Québec. You should see the trails in the Parc de la Gaspésie... 100km from one end of the park to the other and all in the mountains.
Lil’ sister: You once did Nepal with a backpack so you’ve done it also... poule de luxe. ;o0

secret agent woman said...

Glad you had a good time. I don't backpack (don't like carrying things!) but I will hike forever.

Anonymous said...

A great trek indeed. Looks most appealing.