Monday, March 17, 2008

Top o' the day to you!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all. Have yourself a nice pint o' Guinness (my favourite alcoholic beverage) and forget all your woes. Mrs. BB and I loved visiting Ireland. It really is a bit of paradise, with 10000 shades of green. Of all the countries we have visited it is probably the one that I wouldn't mind moving to. (Mind you I'm very partial to Guinness and their Guinness is even better than ours.) In fact we have just bought our tickets to return there on vacation this summer... There are still some places that we haven't seen and we want to return to Achill Island, County Mayo, a bit of paradise on Earth, to relax.
Did you know that almost half of all Québecers have Irish blood flowing in their veins, must be why we are almost as fun loving as they are.
So let us try to forget the tons of snow that are still around, raise up our pint of Guinness and all yell "Slainte" before downing the pint.
Achill Island, Co. Mayo, Ireland

5 comments:

geewits said...

I'm so jealous that you are going to Ireland. It's definitely on my "to do" list. I got to visit vicariously through another blogger that takes great pictures. I think I've watched the slideshow of her Ireland trip 4 or 5 times. Slainte Mhatha!

Jazz said...

BB, are we part of that Irish 50%?

Tai said...

I love Ireland, too! My very first taste of Guinness was in a smoky, noisy Irish pub in Waterford, and it was sublime!
Wish I was going with you.

Anonymous said...

It's on my list. I'm told by someone who visited that the east Tennessee's rollng green hills are very reminiscent of Ireland and that is part of the reason so many Irish settled here. Got 'em on both sides of my own family.

choochoo said...

I reeeally wanna go to Ireland, and I don't even -like- guinnes. Still, I'll happily drink barrels of the stuff if it eventually gets me out of hellhole.