Saturday, March 01, 2008

New Status

Comes a time in ones life when something happens that changes all the parameters. As of late last Tuesday, there are two new members of our family, Zoé and Allison... These two bits of human fluff, weighing in at less than 10 pounds for the both of them, have changed the parameters.

Yes I'm a grandfather. My son has two brand new twin daughters. It has taken me a bit of time for it to sink in, I don't feel old enough to be a grandfather but there we are. It's hard to describe the feeling. In my heart I'm still too young to have grandkids, but the evidence is there. The girls have already taken up a place in our hearts and even tiny as they are, it is a very big place. So I guess I'll have to get used to being "Papi" and submitting to the whims of my two little granddaughters.

9 comments:

Jo said...

Oh, that's wonderful...! Congratulations, Papi. I'm too young to have my little Munchkins, either, but... I'm their Oma. You will have so much fun!!!

I love their names, too. They're just perfect. I predict Zoé will be full of mischief and Allison will be the serious one.

Keep us posted. :-)

geewits said...

Awwwwwww. Look at you! Lovely little grandaughters from A to Z! This is fun news. I hope everyone is healthy. What a great Papi they will have.

Ian Lidster said...

Congratulations, Grandpere. Must feel so very nice, I would think.

Anonymous said...

They will have you wrapped around their tiny little fingers in no time! Congratualtions!!

Tai said...

OH! Congratulations! They'll be so much fun!

Jazz said...

Which makes me a great aunt. Which is even worse. How come it isn't a grand aunt? Nop, it's a great, which is even older than a grand.

Jazz said...

Oh, and for the record people, they are absolutely lovely...

Jazz said...

If you ever recover from the shock of being a granddad, you have an award over at my blog.

Hageltoast said...

yay!! congratulations!