Friday, July 06, 2007

Sillines, just plain silliness

It always strikes me as strange how a nation of stiff upper lips like the English can produce such off the wall humour. They bring silliness to a high art form. Of course by now you have probably figured out that I've been watching Monty Python. Though it was made in the 60's it never fails to make me laugh. I've always wondered what it says about my character, after all British humour, from what I can gather by talking to my friends, is either a love it or hate it proposition. It seems to leave nobody indifferent. I admit freely that I find British humour irresistibly funny,
Now for your viewing pleasure, are two of my all time favourite sketches. One of them even has a Canadian connection. ;o) I love the Dead Parrot sketch because of the myriad ways John Cleese finds to tell the clerk that his parrot is demised, deceased, passed on, no more, expired, gone to meet his maker.

The other sketch with the Canadian connection (BC to be exact) is of course the Lumberjack song...the incongruity of a big rugged lumberjack in drag paints a picture that is hard to resist. So here it is, enjoy ;o)
PS: It's a sing along version so go right ahead...

3 comments:

Ian Lidster said...

We British Columbians claim a kinship with the Lumberjack Song, but we don't like to reveal how many loggers actually dress up in women's clothes. Bad for the macho image.
Ian

Jazz said...

It's an ex-parrot!!

Damn I love Monty Python and Lordy, they were so young!

choochoo said...

OOOOOH, I love Monty Python. John Cleese rocks. And Black Adder and Faulty Towers and Red Dwarf etc, etc, etc.