Monday, July 16, 2007

My first award, I'd like to thank...

An award for me??? *BLUSH*, stammer, (insert tears here) really you shouldn't have... gimme that thing. I'd like to thank Ian for thinking of me, my parents for making me who I am, my family for believing in me and my dream, the blog sphere, the world, the ahhhhhhh. (Lapses into stammering gibberish and tears)
Ok back to to reality, Ian is a great blog writer (a great writer period) and to have him choose me with praise, well it's a great honour and made my day. Not that we write our blogs for praise or awards, we mostly write because it's a way of throwing our message in a bottle into the wide sea of the internet. By the way Ian here's a little piece of linguistic trivia for you, the word schmooze comes from the late 19th century Yiddish word shmuesn which means to converse or chat.
Am I a schmoozer? Yes sir, give a me table, preferably on a terrace, some good strong coffee (or a Guinness), and some friends and we'll re-wire the world in no time. Blogs are just another way to schmooze, except we are a little farther apart. We put out our ideas and comment on the ideas of others...we schmooze.
Now for my choices to get the schmoozer award.
Choochoo is funny, with an off the wall sense of humour, and lives in a pretty weird town. (I thought she lived in the USA, but I heard through the branches that it is in Norway. I didn't think Norway could be so strange.). I always love reading her latest adventures. So Choochoo gets one. Then I'll nominate Evil Spock because I'd like to sit down with him and plan his race to world domination. (Can't be worse than Bushie and he's a lot more intelligent and funny.) Dr. Deb is my favourite shrink in the blog sphere and I would love to sit down and schmooze with her about the human condition. Her posts are always interesting and thought provoking. There are many others that I'd give the prize to, such as Jazz (my lil sister, she's funny and irreverent and I made her what she is today...LOL), Ian who nominated me, Voyager with her backyard chaos, Tai with her superb photos and L.B.D. ;o), cs a blogger I've just started following who has a definite knack with a camera and tells it as it is and Em a dad like me but woe is me, they have already been awarded the prize by others. ;o(

11 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

Thanks.

:::smiling broadly::::

Maybe someday we will sit and chat!

Evil Spock said...

Yay! More awards! Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Jazz said...

Made me who I am???

Pffft!

Everyone who is anyone in this business has been given this award, I dunno who I'm gonna pass it on to. Oh well, I guess doubling up is a possibility.

Jazz said...

Made me who I am???

Pffft!

Everyone who is anyone in this business has been given this award, I dunno who I'm gonna pass it on to. Oh well, I guess doubling up is a possibility.

Big Brother said...

I heard yo the first time little sister, you don't have to repeat...lol

choochoo said...

YAAAAY! Award, fame... ooooh... aaaah.... my, is my head getting big or is this room smaller than it used to be?

CS said...

Aw, thanks! What a nice thing to find a mention and compliment, and all before 8 am!

Voyager said...

Why thank you for the kind words BB. And I am glad to know you are a fellow mountain trek lover.
V.

Dr. Deb said...

So, when ya gonna post again?

Tai said...

THANKS Big Brother!
That's so wonderful you picked me! I'm so flattered at the inclusion I don't know what to say but thanks, and I hope that I keep up the good work...I love that people like you and Jazz read my blog, as I admire both of your writings as well.
Thank you!

Dx said...

What can I say, except congratulations.