Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Odds and sods

Having been absent last week and also having a brain that is on vacation has meant that I haven't had much to say these last couple of weeks... and I still don't have much to say. So here are some odds and sods that I picked up these last weeks.
A couple of days ago I was riding my bike through Ste-Anne de Bellevue near the locks between Lac St-François and Lac des Deux Montagnes when I decided top stop for a couple of minutes and admire the scenery. There was a big house boat parked at the entrance of the locks and on there were two couples about my age. Now boat owners are often my age, especially the guys. (From my small experience the gals seem to be much younger. ) Anyhow back to the story, on this boat they were having a party, at two o'clock in the afternoon, in front of a whole pile of people walking along the waterfront. Now having a party in itself is not a problem, but having a karaoke party when you can't hold a tune and having your friends dancing with a Labatt blue in their hands lacks a certain amount of class, especially when the singer ad libs words to the song. Now close your eyes and imagine, greying 55 + guy with a beer gut overhanging his speedo, crooning into a microphone with the volume turned wayyyy up. Shudder.... total lack of class. Obviously having a bundle of cash doesn't procure automatic class.
As you all know from a previous blog, I bought myself a new digital reflex camera and I've been taking pictures ever since trying out all the functions. Here are some of the pictures.

Lamp post near my place
Sunset in GatineauChutes de Coulonge

Chutes de Coulonge
Panoramic of Lac Pink
Parc de la Gatineau
Lac Pink

I love taking pictures of flowers .

8 comments:

Jazz said...

Oh oh oh.. I love those pics as much as I hate beer bellied speedo wearing karaoke singers.

How do you get pics to not look stupid?

Voyager said...

Beautiful photos, and thank you for not photographing the speedo wearing karaoke singing dude.
V.

Ian Lidster said...

Ditto on the Speedo karaoke dude.
Otherwise, great pics and thanks for the mini travelogue,
Ian

Evil Spock said...

Evil Spock has a whole article in the wings about "boat culture" and how Evil Spock wants no part of it.

CS said...

Beautiful photos. I too thnk you for refraining from including karaoke speedo guy. That picture of the lake with the little cabin reminds me of Switxerland.

Dr. Deb said...

Beautiful photos!!!!!!!!

Big Brother said...

Well at least we have a consensus about the speedo guy. I still have him as a memory (shudder) but at least not in photographic form.

kevin said...

Lovely flowers.