Thursday, May 31, 2007

New Reality Game Show.

There is a new reality game show in the Netherlands called "Big Donor Show," where a 37 year old woman dying of an inoperable brain tumour, will donate her kidneys to one of the contestants. Like all reality shows the audience may vote for their preference via SMS text messaging at a cost of $1.35. The producers of the show are the same gang who produced that utterly insignificantly boring show, "Big Brother" (There is no association between my humble self and that sleazy show, I've got much more class. Can there be anything more boring than watching a bunch of ill bred yahoos picking their noses and talking about their insipid lives using an impoverished vocabulary mainly consisting of four letter words starting with "f" and ending in "k" )
I don't know about you but TV has really hit a new low, what's next, a reality show where contestants vie to see who will pull the plug for a patient on life support so they can get their heart? I think that I'll just go get myself a good book, cuz if that's where TV is going I'll be watching even less of it than I do now.

Here is the full news story

9 comments:

Jazz said...

What about those words starting in s and finishin in t?

There are two "reality" shows I watch, the Amazing Race and Survivor. The first because it's a race around the world which is real cool, and the second because watching people stab each other in the back for a million dollars appeals to my evil side, and makes me feel superior, until I realize i'd probably be at least as bad and probably worse in that situation.

But playing for someone's organs... that's just nasty.

Evil Spock said...

I hate reality shows, and this is probably the worst thing I've ever heard.

Disgusting.

We are so close to the reality of the movie "The Running Man"

Em said...

I can watch most mindless TV....pure entertainment value. But this is crossing the line. Sounds sick.

Big Brother said...

Lil' sister, I didn't know that you were a closet reality show junky...

evil spock, strange how reality is catching up with fiction, what's next Solyent Green?

Em, you're sure right, it's very sick and they actually justify it by saying it'll put organ donations in the limelight.

Malnurtured Snay said...

I'm surprised ot find out that reality television had any new lows it could reach!

Ian Lidster said...

Considering the crassness of all the other un-"reality" shows, this probably isn't even so much of a low. Something I learned in my newspaper years was, sadly, there is no such thing as a lowest common denominator in the public. Frightening, no?
Ian

choochoo said...

Just when you think it can't get any lower, there's a whooole underground garage...

Tai said...

When I heard about it I felt replused and saddened. But I think Jazz has since mentioned this was a hoax?
Bah.
No better than the gladiators and beasts in the arena
(speaking of which, I'm back from Italy! Nice seque, eh?)

Big Brother said...

Hope you had a nice vacation Tai. Yes it's a hoax, very bad taste mind you , but a hoax none the less. Oh well I'm sure that someone will do it for real soon enough.