Monday, July 05, 2010

We have arrived

After a six hour flight we finally arrived in Paris this morning at eight thirty Paris time. We then picked up the car (a cute little Renault Clio fully equipped. It even has an integrated GPS unit which was very useful as we were driving around Paris)


and drove down to Poitiers. We unfortunately had to use the Paris ring road and spent the next two hours crawling around at twenty kilometers an hour (that's 12 mph for the no metric folks). Hell I go faster on my bike. Now remember that we did this with no sleep. It was a rather interesting experience.
We finally arrived at our hotel at 5 pm completely exhausted. Thirty-six hours with no sleep and a 300 km drive, I can assure you that we'll sleep well tonight for tomorrow we are off to visit some 8th century monasteries. I'm lucky Mrs. BB loves history and "old stones" as much as I do.

- Posted from my iPhone

Location:Rue de la Paillerie,Poitiers,France

3 comments:

Mr. Jazz said...

Not before yo have a typical "pti déj" I hope. Enjoy the croissants!

secret agent woman said...

Traveling would be perfect if it weren't for the getting there. Hope you guys have a great time.

Jazz said...

Gotta love old stones. And the */"@# ring road.