Monday, July 12, 2010

Life in the medieval

Moving right along with trip we are presently sitting in the courtyard of a bistro in the medieval heart of Sarlat. This is a part of the city that is made up of small winding streets bordered by medieval buildings made of a golden colored stone. The streets a very narrow and winding and it is easy to get lost in them. Today we also visited two castles, one Castlenaud was English and the other Castle Beyac and they face each other across the Dordonrive which was the frontier between Aquitaine controlled by the English king and the rest of France.
I'll post more pictures later since at the moment my pictures are on my camera not my iPhone and since we don't have access to the Internet where we are staying it'll have to be later on.


















- Posted from my iPhone

5 comments:

Mr. Jazz said...

Nice pics. Are you going to Rocamadour?

Jazz said...

I wanna be on vacation too!

Anonymous said...

The extent of your travels dazzles me, BB, and fills me with seething envy as I told your sis about her last jaunt.So, tell her to stop whining about her need to be on vacation since she just got back.

Big Brother said...

Mr jazz: definitely we are supposed to.
Lil sister: Stop whining you traveled for years while we stayed home with the kids. Mrwriteon says so.
Mrwriteon: it come from having kids early so you can travel when you're older and richer. I have warned my lil sister to stop whining.

geewits said...

Nice! I so love vacarious world travel.