Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Two down, one to go.

Well if you have to be in election mode, you might as well go all the way. Our "premier ministre" has just declared a provincial election for December 8th. First we elected Stephen Harper as the Canadian PM (thankfully in a minority government, keeping him on a short leash), then we have been immersed in the presidential election of our southern cousins (who showed the good sense to elect Obama after having elected Bush two times) and now back we go to a provincial election, less than two years after the last one. Mind you, I can understand why our PM, Charest, is doing it. He has a minority government, he is way up in the polls, the other parties are in disarray (especially the right wing ADQ) and shit is about to hit the fan with the economy since there is a recession to the south. (Caused by greed and stupidity that was not checked by the powers that be.) So here's to election fever, I'm so sick of the BS and the promises that I know will never be fulfilled, that I think I'll take two asperin and hide my head under the blankets...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, it's an odd thing to see the US electing a more liberal leader than Canada! I'm hoping soem of the fever will spread your way.

Big Brother said...

Amen to that citizen... and we have yet to elect someone is a visible minority to the highest positions in government. Our governor general is of course a black woman but she was named not elected.

Jazz said...

I'm sick of this crap too. Which is why I'll probably be voting for the Pot party or the Leninists. They can't get in and can do no harm.

Oh, and it seems Mario Dumont is billing himself as the Quebec Obama, the man for change. Mario, repeat after me: I am an idiot.