Monday, July 28, 2008

Home again

Well we've been back for a week now and my body is finally back to Eastern daylight Saving Time... the spirit is willing but the body is weak. Everything is pretty well back to normal now, baggage put away, things cleaned up, mail sorted and bills paid (a trip like that makes for plenty of bills, but worth every penny. LOL) I've also been working on my photos but with 600+ it makes for a lot of time to sort them out and correct them.

So here are some of the pictures, there are many more and I'll put some up as I go along.


High cross of Clomacnoise


Clomacnoise, one of the oldest monastic sites in Ireland


The town of Rosscrea


A butcher of Rosscrea


A bridge on Birr Castle Estates


Galway


Gargoyle on Townhall


Galway


Quay Street Galway

In the next post I'll continue with the trip. ;o)


6 comments:

Jazz said...

That gargoyle looks like it's giving itself a blow job...

Does the sun never shine in Ireland?

Dr. Deb said...

FANTASTIC


More photos please!!!!!

Big Brother said...

Lil sister, I think it's a lion eating a rat or something like that and no we only had about 4 days of sun in the three weeks. In the first week it rained continually, pretty much non stop.

Deb: Thanks, I'll post the other pictures real soon. :o)

Anonymous said...

Great photos. I love that gargoyle. (and your little sister has a potty mouth!)

Ian Lidster said...

I've walked down those wee streets in Galway. Thanks for taking me back and welcome home.

Big Brother said...

Citizen: I trained her well..;o)

Ian: The whole of Ireland is a beautiful place, though the streets and parking spaces sometimes lack width, especially when you have a big beast of a rented car like we did...