Saturday, October 27, 2007

Been a while

It's been a while since I've updated... a big pile of corrections (which I should be working on at the moment), many committees and not much time. Oh well, that's life. We have been having a really beautiful autumn with sunshine and warmer than usual temperatures. The trees have changed colour and the geese are making their way south. The honking of geese flying in their V formation is one of the most haunting sounds I know. It is a primal sound that has been around much longer than our modern cities and towns. Every time I hear them, it makes me think about how it must have been before we tamed the land around us. The pictures are from last week, where I had the choice of walking in the woods with my camera or writing a blog. The woods easily won out. It was such a nice day, with temperatures of 24 degrees, almost double the seasonal average, it was T-shirt time. There were even people swimming in the lake. Strange but welcome weather.

7 comments:

geewits said...

How odd. That's the same weather we've been having in Texas and we are so far apart! The pictures are gorgeous. And welcome back!

Jazz said...

You were obviously in town. There are no leaves left up at the cottage. Everything is grey grey grey.

Tai said...

Such beautiful pictures! Well, that made it worth the wait between posts!

Dr. Deb said...

OMG, those photos are just beautiful. What colors and texture. I wish I lived where you do!

Voyager said...

I do miss the fall colours of Quebec. Here everything mostly just turns yellow/brown. I was in Ottawa last week, but the height of fall colour had passed. And I was stuck in business meetings downtown anyway.
V.

choochoo said...

Life can be very timeconsuming. Funny that.

I do luve autumn pictures:D

CS said...

Life should always win out over blogging. Beautiful photos. I love the sound of the honking geese flying overhead, too. SOmetimes, they fly low enough that you can even hear their wings beating.