Thursday, October 04, 2007

Accidents happen!

Since my lil sister Jazz isn't here at the moment, and was last seen gallivanting around Texas with geewits, I've decided to do her Friday rants with a couple of my own.

Dear lady with the cell phone,
Driving is a full time occupation, especially when you are driving on a highway, in the morning rush hour with the sun shining directly in your eyes and you have no sun glasses. (Already not a smart move.) Squinting into the sun, whilst talking on a phone, surrounded by hundreds of cars is a sure recipe for an accident. Mind you, I really don't care if you scrap your car, but if you do it'll cause a major bottleneck that will back up traffic for kilometres and make me lose even more time than I already have.
A fellow commuter

Dear older gentleman,
We are in Canada and not the UK. Please be advised that the left hand lane is not the slow lane, it is the fast lane and should be used by faster traffic. It is not normal for all the cars behind you to pass you on the right. If you were in the proper lane they would be passing you on the left, so if you see many cars passing you on the right, IT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU SHOULD BE!
A fellow commuter

Dear lost lady,
I know for a fact that sometimes finding the proper road is difficult and it's easy to get lost but driving between two lanes to keep your options open is not the solution to your dilemma. Weaving back and forth at a much slower than posted speed is also not recommended.
A fellow commuter

Dear Indy 500 driver,
We are in Montreal's rush hour traffic, not the Indianapolis 500 speed way. Zigzagging through traffic at speeds double that of other vehicles, cutting in front of cars without signalling, cutting across three lanes of traffic to hit the exit, is not only stupid but suicidal. If you want to abrogate your miserable life on this planet, please use the river, (we're an island there's plenty of river to use,) in that way you won't bring anyone with you.
A fellow commuter

So ends the rant.

PS Thanks to Ian for the Awesome Dude award, I finally put it up. I'll give it on to Em but he already has it, and to Evil Spock, live long and prosper!

14 comments:

Tai said...

LOL! I love those!

Evil Spock said...

The test just came back, and Evil Spock is pregnant with gratitude!

Thank you!

Dr. Deb said...

LOL!! Love the letter.

geewits said...

BB, I hate to burst your bubble, but some things are truly universal. You said:

It is not normal for all the cars behind you to pass you on the right. If you were in the proper lane they would be passing you on the left, so if you see many cars passing you on the right, IT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU SHOULD BE!

I say this to drivers here in Texas EVERY time I get on the highway. And thanks for the Jazz fill-in.

And to be honest I would comment here more often, but I am paranoid about posting on teachers' blogs. Either give me a free pass or correct me so I can learn.

Casdok said...

Its good to rant!! (sometimes!)

Big Brother said...

Don't worry geewits, a free pass is yours for life. :o)

choochoo said...

Good rant. Jazz would be proud. All this reminds me that I no longer have to take the bus, which means that I no longer have to end up in the seat behind the old man who smells like pee. YAY!

Dr. Deb said...

Popping by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

Big Brother said...

Choochoo: old man who smells like pee??? euhhh. I used to hate having to sit near the old lady who wore a ton of perfume... my nose would be numb for hours.
Dr. Deb: Thanks for your thanksgiving greetings
casdok: welcome, yes it is good to ventilate from time to time. You should hear me in my car, when I'm stuck in traffic. ;o)
Tai always glad to oblige.
ES: My pleasure

Sornie said...

Sadly enough I came across the typical slow guy in the fast lane this morning, as I passed him he had the nerve to gesture wildly at me. Prick.

Ian Lidster said...

Evil fools behind the wheel. Nothing more needs to be said.

Voyager said...

There's something wrong with straddling 2 lanes while deciding which way to go? While eating cereal and applying makeup? And chatting on my phone? Are you saying this is bad driving? It's just creative driving, silly.
V.

Jazz said...

Ah, commuter rants. There's much to be said for not having to use a highway to work BB...

And you did good on the rant.

Actually Geewits is right, Texas drivers are BAD. Which surprises me because every time I've been to the States, people tend to drive really well.

Except in Texas.

CS said...

SO ends the rant for now. You know you'll just keep running into these people and their cousins over and over again. Gah.