Sunday, October 30, 2011

Where my roots are.

We've lived in Montréal for the last 25 years yet Québec is still the city that feels the most like home. I guess its the fact that my roots are there and my ancestors have been there since the late 17th century. So this weekend,  Mrs. BB and I went to visit my family in Québec City and it just felt like coming home. It is a strange feeling. I am an airforce brat and as I was growing up we moved around from place to place. Then, when I was a 17,  I moved to Québec City to go to college and as I got off the bus, for the first time in my life, I felt like I was coming home to where my roots were. Even today after 25 years I still, in my heart of hearts, consider Québec to be home. I'll probably never live there again since my life and family are all here in Montréal , but Québec will always be home. Here are some pictures of "Le Vieux Québec"

Vieux Québec 3

Vieux Québec 5

Vieux Québec 10

Vieux Québec 14

Vieux Québec 17

 

Vieux Québec 23

Vieux Québec 24

Vieux Québec 25

Vieux Québec 26

Vieux Québec 28

Vieux Québec 30

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you manage to empty the streets?

Funny, for me, Montreal is home, Quebec never felt like it was in all the time I lived there.

Big Brother said...

I just told everyone to go home, I wanted to take some pictures. ;o)

geewits said...

Great pictures! It's nice to know there's someplace I could go on a relatively short plane ride and feel like I was in Europe.

Big Brother said...

geewits, Québec is probable the closest thing to Europe you’ll get here in North America. On top of that you get great restaurants and a way to practice your French.