Thursday, December 03, 2009

Ouch the sharp end of pricky things

Our school went in today to get the students vaccinated against the H1N1 flu and I accompanied them. Since I was already there, I finally gave in and got the shot. (It's hard not to when you've been telling the kids that there is nothing to worry about, that it doesn't hurt a bit and then turn around and refuse to get it yourself.) Mind you, I think that the whole situation is very highly overrated and is more the product if the media circus than anything approaching reality. But since I have 20 month old twin grand daughters, Allison and Zoé, I won't take the chance because they had yet to be vaccinated because of a cold the last time I saw them. I really wouldn't want them to catch it from me.
This means that in the last couple of weeks I've had more sharp objects poked into me than I've had in a very long time. Let's see, I gave blood then I got four vaccinations for the Ecuador Humanitarian trip in February (The yellow fever is a real bitch, it hurts like hell) and now the H1N1 vaccine. Hopefully my hide won't be punctured again for a while. ;o)



6 comments:

geewits said...

I've never had a problem with shots. I don't mind things going in, but I can't stand things going out. I almost pass out when I have to have blood taken.

Jazz said...

With all these punctures, make sure you don't start leaking...

secret agent woman said...

I had to get 8 vaccinations to go to Africa. This needle phobe was NOT happy about that.

Anonymous said...

It is possible to fill a blank?

Anonymous said...

For a while I was courting Type II diabetes (which has since been arrested by diet and lifestyle changes, blessedly) so had to test my blood regularly. The real bonus for me was that I lost all fear of being jabbed. Doesn't bother me at all now.

Dr. Deb said...

Sounds like you are vaccined out!