Friday, February 01, 2008

Awards yet

Looking over my blog I've realized that I've been blogging for two years now. The whole concept started out while joking around with my sister Jazz, (even my avatar is a joke with the concept of being her big brother) and I kind of figured that it would peter out after a couple of posts, but here I am two years later still posting. Ok, I admit I'm not as prolific as Ian or CS but I am still posting. Speaking of Ian and CS, they have both given me an excellence award. (How's that for a segue? ) Coming from them, that means something.
Cs is an intelligent gutsy woman, for whom no obstacle is too much. If I had to make a team to climb Everest, I'd bring her along because I'm certain that, come hell or high water, she'd get me to the top. She is also a super mom and being a teacher, I can tell. I've seen more than my share of less than optimal parenting, so I know good parents when I see them.
Ian is a professional word smith. He is literate and thoughtful and I never go away from visiting his blog without something to think about. His life experience is vast and varied and it always shows in his work. The man knows about what he is writing. I only wish I had his ease with a pen (or in this case a keyboard) Getting an award like this from him makes my day (or in this case rather stormy night).
It says in the award that I must name 10 bloggers. That'll be tough since most of the bloggers I follow have already been nominated. (As they say I don't know anyone and my friends all hate me.)
Well here goes: first of all a bit of nepotism: I'll nominate my lil sister Jazz. Although it is not my wont to go out of my way to praise her (lil sisters get a swelled head so rapidly) I hereby freely admit that she kicks ass. Her blog is irreverent , funny, iconoclastic and her sarcasm makes me proud. (I taught her everything she knows.)
Then I'd give it to CS and Ian for the reasons mentioned above.
Voyager would also get one, I love reading her blog and I know that she'll get back to it one day when her trials and tribulations are under control.
Geewits... the texan gal would also get one because of her humour, and also because she is a very caring human being, as well as being a carpenter and a plumber. ;o)
Choochoo definitely, I love her weird sense of humour from Hellhole. She hasn't blogged much lately but if my microbiologist daughter is any example, splicing and dicing genes (it splices, it dices and all for only 3 easy payments of $19.95) really takes up a huge amount of time.
Tai the traveller. Hey anyone who can back a luxury car into a container and then get out through the sunroof has my vote. I always look forward to reading about her trips or her musings on just about anything.
Evil Spock who has been off in the twilight zone for a while. He is the only person I'd vote for in an American election. Too bad he didn't get into the primaries this time.
Josie writes her blog like I imagine people used to write letters to each other. A cozy, thoughtful little blog. She is also so very prolific at least a blog a day.
Dr. Deb give us insight into the latest news about what goes on between our ears, (and she's way better looking than Dr. Phil) , There is an eclectic mix of seriousness and humour and you are sure to learn something.
Hey I actually did it...I got all ten. Youpiii!

On a different note I won't be able to blog or read about your adventures for the next two weeks, since later this week, I'm off with another teacher and our students to do some humanitarian work in Ecuador. We'll be visiting the country, staying in local villages and helping out at an orphanage. Never let anyone tell you that kids today are all selfish and egotistical. These kids have been working on this trip for over a year and I am always amazed by their commitment.

9 comments:

Evil Spock said...

Thank you!

geewits said...

Your trip sounds amazing. Take lots of pictures to share with us! Thanks for the award. Now I feel like I should go carpent or plumb something.

choochoo said...

splicing and dicing genes really does take up a ridiculous amount of time. Pooch agrees with that, too. I really should insist on a break to blog for my own mental health. Mental health is important. Even the politicians says so.

Anonymous said...

Thanks in return!

And have a fantastic trip - tell us all about it when you return.

Tai said...

Thank you SO much! It's always a real joy to be noted by a blogger that you admire for their ability to transcribe thought and ideas into writing!
BB, YOU well deserved that award!

Jazz said...

Wow, you're going to Ecuador and I didn't even hear about it?! Wow...

Thanks for the award, damn, you were even nice to me! Will wondew=rs never cease?

Jo said...

Congratulations on your award! And thank you for passing it on to me. You know, I once described my blog as "writing letters to my friends". Amazing that you picked that up. That's exactly how I write it.

Ian Lidster said...

Shucks, thank you for your gracious compliments.

Hageltoast said...

have A wonderful trip!