Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Joyeux Noël (the film)

Saw a great film on the weekend called Joyeux Noël. This little gem of a film got a nomination for the Oscar for best foreign film and it is really worth seeing. It takes place during the First World War on December 24-25 1914, when the British, French, and German troops declared an unofficial cease fire and crawled out of their trenches to celebrate Christmas. This really happened, it has been well documented. The story really brings out the futility and stupidity of war and shows how the most enthusiastic proponants of "kill the enemy" are all people who stay safely way behind the lines. I won't say anymore because I don't want to ruin the film for you, but if you want to see a great little film rent or buy it at your nearesr DVD place of purchase. I got mine at Costco. It is really worth it.

3 comments:

Jazz said...

I've been wanting to see that. Now I know where to go borrow it. Or you can burn a copy for me ;-)

And two posts in three days? WHOA! The mind boggles! :-p

Big Brother said...

Don't boogle too much it might just fall out...LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey Woooooo my dear aunt! As being the best daughter and niece in the whole world I deserve to borrow the movie first! And plus... I live closer so I can beat you to it! see I can be evil too, I guess it runs in the family ;-)