At the complete end of the island is the town of Ste-Anne de Bellevue. This town has been around since the 18th century and has a canal that connects Lac St-Louis, Lac des Deux Montagnes and the Ottawa river. This canal is a National Historic site and was originally built in the 1840's. There has been a canal with locks here since 1816, bypassing the rapids between the western end of the island and Île Perot.
and this is a picture taken at night of the boats on the lake near the town hall.
As we ride along Lakeshore Road, we will finally come to Pointe-Claire Village.